Monday 27 June 2016

Paul Calvo

Set & Prop Designer & Maker

www.creatinganddesigningthenew.com
Statement
With the creative world expanding and becoming an exciting part to be of, it is a pleasure to co-operate and do my part in bringing creativity to life. Through the work I design and create, bringing ideas to a reality is what captivates me about the industry. Whether it be individually or as part of a group, it is enjoyable to work towards creating the new. From my start in the arts in college, a fascination for physical objects for entertainment purposes grew to a goal which I set upon myself, to work towards making something unique, whatever it may be. Through my time in university studying the creative arts for theatre and film in Rochester, my goals were able to be put into practice which allowed me to work in completely new directions I did not think I would come across. From individual projects to group projects, uniqueness thrived in each of the works I was partaking in. And so, with my time at university coming to an end, I am looking forward to working in the industry to bring creativity to life. 

Strengths
Whatever project I have taken part in, I have been able to see, that whether it be working individually or as a group, creativity is never in short supply. With many different forms of inspiration existing around the world, uniqueness is something I strive towards and which I always have in my mind when working. If any issues or circumstances may arise that effects a project, I do my best to solve and look towards a solution for whatever may come, to be able to do as is required. 

Skills
- Set Design and Making 
- Prop design and Making 
- Ingenious designs 
- Computer model making designs including Google Sketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment