Tuesday 5 July 2016

Oliver Watts

Designer & Prop Maker

Statement
Throughout my time in education I have had a love for designing, whether it be the intricacies for an imaginary mechanism or the layout for scales on a mythical creature, being able to take an idea and translate it into a visual piece is something that thrills me as an artist. Throughout my time at University I have built up a large range of skills that allow me to then take these designs and turn them into tangible creations. For the most part I focus on creature/monster designs, whether they be from my own imagination or from other works of fiction, though I have also experimented with character and costume work. Going forward I look to join the creative industry in any way I can, whether it be as a designer or maker. The prospect of being able to earn a living doing what I love, is perhaps the most rewarding part of graduating from my University and I hope that in achieving a first I have proved to all that I have the skill, commitment and drive to achieve anything in this industry. 

Strengths
My strengths lie in traditional and modern design methods, as well as sculpting and casting. I have a keen eye when it comes to detailing and am driven to produce the best work I can regardless of the job at hand. I have experience of working in the Film industry and have met and worked with Tim Burton as well as a number of other incredibly talented individuals. Though I thrive working on my own, I am capable of working as part of a team, and I am good at responding to constructive criticism. I am incredibly hard working, and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that my work is finished on time and to the highest possible standard.

Skills
- Adobe Photoshop

- Sculpting, moulding & casting 
- Drawing
- Scenic painting 
- Photo manipulation 
- Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment