Monday 4 July 2016

Rebecca Dunnage

Set and Prop Designer and Maker

www.rebeccadunnage.co.uk
Statement
I have discovered a real love for set and prop designing and construction throughout my studies on ‘The Creative Arts for Theatre and Film’ at UCA Rochester. I have watched my work developed, all spanning from a mad love of hands on work, building large prop and set pieces, and seeing my designs and concepts manifest into finished, usable pieces. The rush of presenting a beautiful finished product, and seeing it in action, is something I will be ever addicted to, and will enjoy being part of every step of the way throughout my career within the theatre and film industry.

Strengths
I pride myself with the use of accuracy within my work, and have the ability to follow plans/measurements given, with the understanding of how important they are. I love including small details in my work that add to the believability of a piece, giving it more contextual understanding and depth. I enjoy working in teams and bouncing ideas back and forth, but have independence and leader ship skills to excel on my own. I have also learned how to adapt plans/materials to help fix issues if/as they arise.

Skills
- Woodwork/carpentry
- Adobe and Microsoft suit
- Metal work
- Molding and casting
- Machinery work
- Model making



No comments:

Post a Comment