Monday 23 May 2016

Rebecca Hallen

Set & Prop Construction 

www.rebeccahallen.wix.com/rebeccahallen

Statement

After working as an assistant carpenter on the production of RIFT’s Macbeth I realised that set construction was an area I wished to pursue more, I gained more experience while working in the Royal Opera House and National Theatre’s scenic carpentry department and really enjoyed the technical skills needed to create a safe and useable set. As well as carpentry skills I also have an interest in art direction, I worked closely with the art director for the immersive production of Alice’s Adventures Underground while working for Les Enfants Terribles and used both my construction and art department skills to design and build a commissioned set for a short film ‘19984’. Now that have graduated I wish to explore these fields more and improve in my technical knowledge and ability. 

Strengths
A large aspect of theatre and film construction that appeals to me is its diversity, its need to collaborate with all areas of the production team. I enjoy working alongside directors, producers and designers to help bring their ideas to life through physical form. I also really enjoy the need for problem solving and constant learning of skills and techniques in this industry. 

Skills
- Scenic carpentry/construction
- Scenic painting
- Prop making
- Set designing
- Basic sewing skills


No comments:

Post a Comment