Monday 23 May 2016

Naomi Wells 

Costume Designer, Maker & Breakdown Artist

naomiewells.co.uk linkedin.com/in/naomi-wells-334062b1

Statement
An aspiring breakdown artist, I interested in all aspects of the costume making process with an emphasis on fabrics, textures, and finishes.
My love of costume has come for seeing some of the amazing work on stage and screen, specifically the costumes from the musical wicked designed by Susan Hiferty, (Made by Angels costumier) their use of colour, shapes and textures give them an amazing detail a depth, that is bold enough to standout on stage, but still look incredible up close in exhibition. My interest in dying and distressing, stems form seeing the costumes from the harry potter films in exhibition, seeing the sets of costumes, in various stages of distress for each battle scene intrigued me, the idea that the breakdown process, is a finishing layer, fake texture added to a garment at the end to bring the costume to life, is something I love to explore.

Strengths
Working to a high skill level is something I pride myself in. I work well to deadlines and under pressure, always with a smile.

Skills
- Hand and machine sewing
- Domestic an industrial machines
- Pattern drafting / Costume fitting
- Dying / Distressing
- Screen printing
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft & Mac software systems


No comments:

Post a Comment